I heard laughing in my assistant’s office today. “She is bringing her horses?” Then I heard more laughing. Turns out it was horse trailers, not actual horses, but nonetheless we all had a good laugh for how ill-equipped we are to handle livestock, including equines at our first Fall Festival at Leigh Acres in New Market, Alabama.
We have just a couple of weeks left, and the vendors are sending us so many questions! I’ve promised to let you all in on the trials and triumphs of our first year of events and let me share some of the questions we’ve had from vendors and some that we are asking ourselves:
- What if it rains? This is something we have no control over, at least as far as I know. I do have a lot of manifesting friends, and we are all crossing our fingers for a nice sunny day, but if it rains, then we are going to have to cancel. In the future, it would be great to have cover, but for now, rain is not our friend.
- Wi-Fi. Do you have Wi-Fi? Well, yes, we have Wi-Fi. But can we really know if it’s going to reach everywhere? Nope. Looks like I have my answer as to why you always need cash at flea markets!
- What are you serving for breakfast? Hmm…I’m not sure about that, but is that important?
- Can I bring my pig? Okay, of course, you can! I can’t wait to see the pig; apparently, she dresses up for festivals!
- What’s the vendor fee? I had no idea that people even paid for that sort of thing, but for now, we are free, and we’ve had loads of vendors apply. Which is awesome!
- Can we get a food truck to come out? The answer is yes, but what will we pay for the food truck? Minimum orders upwards of $1k? YIKES!
- How are you advertising? Word of mouth and through the awesome efforts of one of our biggest supporters, Karen Chillcott of Victory Alliance Ranch. She’s been incredible in sharing the news of the Fall Festival. And signs, we have put up signs and Facebook ads. I have no idea if I’m targeting the right audience, but I’m keeping a steady watch on it each day.
- Will there be bathrooms? Oh my gosh! I had better check on this! I’m kidding, but who knew there were so many details in putting together an event on the farm?
And the questions go on and on, and I’m sure will continue to go on until we are right in the midst of it! We’re still trying to figure out what to do next.
As for me, I’ve got to round up what I’m going to sell. Hope to see you there!